I’m copying my friend Ashley and taking part in 11 things today. Like Ashley said it is nice to have a prompt to write on occasionally! I’ve been stuck in a blog rut lately, so hopefully this will help. :)
11 Random Things About Yours Truly…
1. I lived in town my whole life (and loved it.) When we got engaged and started looking for houses one of my compromises was that we’d live in the country. I say that lightly because we do have almost 9 acres, a small barn, large shop, and some woods, we’re still like 4 minutes to town. Love that, but would like to live in a neighborhood at some point in time. So, just because I live in the country does not mean you will see me sporting camo or anything camo in our home. No thanks.
2. I am going to have a niece in April and am obsessed with shopping for her and planning her shower. Obsessed y’all. I can’t quite thinking about how much fun girly things are to buy.
3. I love to drive my car, but if someone else will drive, I’m all for it. I don’t really enjoy driving that much. I’d rather ride.
4. I made dinner nearly every night in college. Like an actual dinner, sit down and eat at 5:30 type for Kody and I and maybe a roommate or two. Now I never cook, he does the cooking!
5. I love pizza more than anything in this world. Ok, not really, but I do really, really love pizza. I will eat almost any places pizza but I really only want cheese or pepperoni on it. Tonight we’re having a no carb pizza. I will blog if the reviews are good!
6. I love the beach. My favorite thing is to get there early in the morning with a good book (preferably one about the Kennedys) and sit and read, watch the waves come in, smell the salty air, and watch the walkers go by.
7. I love the Kennedy family so much. Yes, some lead crooked lives, but I find their whole lifestyle from style, to politics, religion, etc. simply intriguing. They always vacationed at their home in Hyannis Port, MA. Reading books about them by the sea make me feel like I’m close to them. BIG dork, right here.
8. I’ve been sick with the social media bug for a long time now. Like I can’t get enough of Facebook, blogs, or even Twitter. I’m totally UNHAPPY Facebook feels the need to change to this dumb Timeline. I hate it.
9. We did an unpopular thing back in August and started our own Sunday School class with another couple. I say unpopular because we didn’t try, but it did upset people in our past class. I can attest though that this was the best thing we’ve done for our faith. We are growing so much and I am ecstatic.
10. I’ve been going to the gym every morning during the week and finally 4 weeks in I’m loving it now. I am a very routine person, so I love the fact I can go, do my running, lift weights, etc., and then shower and get ready there with all of my stuff. I’m always early to work now. I’m doing really well running!
11. I LOVE to go into antique stores and browse around. I love old stuff, my home doesn’t really display anything old, but I love to touch and see things from the 1950s/1960s era. And this is really weird, but the smell of old books, especially yearbooks is crazy awesome to me. Again, BIG dork right here!
11 Questions to Answer…
1. What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
I love Teen Mom. Even though it makes me irate sometimes that these girls don’t always appreciate what they have, I still like to watch it. I also love Sex & the City…and then DVR Full House & Home Improvement. I have been BIG into Home Improvement lately.
2. Name one song that you love to jam out to that is embarrassing.
Hmm, tough one. Anytime Barefoot Blue Jean Night comes on I turn it up as loud as it will go, usually open the sun roof, and sing loudly to it. Not really an embarrassing song, but I guess if I were caught doing that it would be embarrassing!
3. Where do you want to send your kids to school? Private/Public/Homeschool?
Our public schools around are really good schools. My first choices are either Fairview or Howell Valley. I do want my kids to go to a rural school first.
4. One food you will never grow tired of?
I said it earlier, pizza. Love me some pizza!
5. What is your favorite Pinterest search?
Currently I enjoy looking at baby shower things for my SIL’s shower. I also love to look at newborn pictures.
6. Did you order Girl Scout cookies? If so, what kind?
Yes…Thin Mint and then the others were the red box and the purple box. I can’t remember the names.
7. What color do you decorate the most with?
Hm, I’d say green. I love all kinds of greens.
8. Which store is totally a guilty pleasure?
I love Macy’s for more reasons than one!
9. What are your favorite baby names?
I thought about not even posting them because it seems like the ones I love have been taken (not on purpose, but some are close friends or in the family). I have the mind set now, I don’t care. We’ll name our baby whatever we want, even if it’s YOUR name! I love Libby Cate, Cooper, and Myles.
10. What is your dream home vision?
This is tough. I love, love, love brick Colonial type homes, but not sure that is something we’d ever buy or build because of the stairs. I really only want to build ONE house, like the last one we live in and stairs aren’t great for old people! I also love a loooonnnngggg brick ranch style home with big white columns and shutters. I want a long, big kitchen big enough for an island and an eat-in nook with a separate dining room. If it’s big and long enough my grandkids some day can play all up and down in while I’m cooking!
11. Is your current job your dream job?
Right now, yes. My whole life? I don’t know. I love my job, but some day may get to stay home with kids and I think that would be a pretty awesome job.
Hope you enjoyed a little randomness this morning! Let me know if you decide to do this!!